Family Tree Gal

Family Tree Gal
Carolyn Calton welcomes YOU!

Motto

In every home, frame a family tree to help strengthen your posterity.

Welcome !

I am committed to acknowledging connections throughout the generations--past, present, and future--and igniting a sense of extraordinary family purpose in individuals in THIS generation. Let me help you discover your "roots" as well as strengthen the "branches" of your family tree. If you have had painful experiences in your family line, then this is the blog for you! In fact, all of us will see that as we strengthen ourselves, we strenthen our entire FAMILY TREE through the power of our positive influence.

Friday, July 23, 2010

A Somber Day

Family Tree Friday


Today was a somber day.

While on vacation, I received the news that my dear friend's 38-year-old daughter had been killed suddenly in a car accident. Her funeral was Thursday in Utah.

Another young woman who is dear to my heart was to have a baby. Her due date was in a week. Last Thursday the doctor reported all was well, and Friday she felt something was wrong. The baby died. She delivered it. The funeral is today.

I cannot imagine the sorrow in the hearts of these two mothers. (As well as in the hearts of all the family and friends.)

I am also reflecting on the memorial wall at my High School Reunion. So many classmates have already passed on--as well as two of my dearest friends.

Let us always remember how precious life can be. Let us value the time we have together. On this Family Tree Friday, it is a good reminder of how our Family Trees can be in a constant state of change--births, deaths and with the ongoing ebb and flow of life itself.

I found this video that comforts me. Perhaps there are those of you who will receive comfort from it's message as well. I respect the various, individual beliefs of all my blog visitors. I am Christian, therefore the context of the video shares a Christian viewpoint.

Grief is an interesting thing. The tears coming from my eyes seem to be cleansing tears. I sorrow over the loss my loved ones have endured. I rejoice in life everlasting.