Family Tree Gal

Family Tree Gal
Carolyn Calton welcomes YOU!

Motto

In every home, frame a family tree to help strengthen your posterity.

Welcome !

I am committed to acknowledging connections throughout the generations--past, present, and future--and igniting a sense of extraordinary family purpose in individuals in THIS generation. Let me help you discover your "roots" as well as strengthen the "branches" of your family tree. If you have had painful experiences in your family line, then this is the blog for you! In fact, all of us will see that as we strengthen ourselves, we strenthen our entire FAMILY TREE through the power of our positive influence.

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Thankful Thursday: Happy Birthday, dear husband

Today is Thankful Thursday, and I've been holding gratitude in my heart for many things.

First, today is my husband's birthday.  I appreciate the joy, the learning and growth that comes from striving to live with loving hearts in spite of life's challenges.  Ours is a blended family.  He married me 20 years ago.  I had four children at the time of our marriage, we had one more together, and he has loved us all. It has not been easy for any of us, but the quote in our living room expresses it well.  It says, "We may not have it all together, but together we have it all."  Happy Birthday, Shawn!

Next, there have been some death's of loved ones.  My girlfriend's mother just passed away on my parent's (now deceased) wedding anniversary, March 29.  Emma was over 90 and had a loving, giving heart. She knitted or crocheted many, many items for humanitarian uses and kept giving of herself, although she felt the effects of age.  I'm thankful for her example and I feel compassion and sorrow for her family during their time of loss. I know how it feels when a mother dies.  I'm grateful to know there will be reunion in heaven.

Also, a dear friend unexpectedly passed away at the age of 53.  I am grateful for the reminder to actively pursue health and strength and to live by principles that prolong life.  I'm also grateful for countless memories of his kindhearted, gentle service to our family--and especially his friendship with my husband.

May you enjoy your own Thankful Thursday.  

Kind regards,
Carolyn
Ready. Set. GROW.